Multiple Options to Meet Your Needs
With Odysseyware® virtual instruction and support services, districts have an alternative to running a brick-and-mortar summer program, forgoing the typical logistical challenges. With Odysseyware Academy, students can directly enroll into a number of courses to catch up or get ahead.
District Partnership Program
Districts partner with Odysseyware Academic Services to launch a virtual summer school program. Here’s how it works:
- Academic Services support staff enrolls students, monitors their progress, and communicates with a designated school official.
- Certified teachers provide feedback to students, hold office hours, and are available via an academic hotline.
- Communications between the student and certified teacher are available in real-time, as well as student progress and attendance, through our Student Information System.
- Upon completion of the course, the school can award the credits or request official transcripts from Odysseyware Academy.
This is ideal for students needing to recover credits, as well as those looking to take accelerated courses or electives they are unable to take during the school year.
Support staff enrolls students, monitors student progress over the summer, and communicates with designated school official.
Certified teachers provide synchronous feedback to students, hold office hours for credit-bearing courses, and are available throughout the summer via our Academic Hotline.
Educators are able to see in real-time all communications between the student and the Odysseyware certified teacher, as well as student progress and attendance, through our SIS.
Upon completion of the course, the school can award credits or request official transcripts.
Students can enroll directly into Odysseyware Academy to take one or more of nearly 100 middle or high school courses offered over a 13-week period during the summer. Students receive credits from Odysseyware Academy or can have the credits transferred to their local school.
Students can also sign up for 13-week access to SPARK, a rich set of assessment tools and instructional materials for K-8 math and English Language Arts. Using the Odysseyware diagnostic-prescriptive mode, students are assigned a pretest for each unit, which focuses on a single skill. If a student passes, they skip that unit’s instructional content and automatically proceed to the next pretest. If a student fails the pretest, they are assigned a lesson, followed by a post-test with the option for the teacher to assign a second lesson. This is ideal for students needing to brush up on skills and/or fill concept gaps, especially when making the transition from middle to high school.
The Odysseyware curriculum provides numerous instructional supports embedded in the lessons to scaffold learning for students, such as the translate tool that translates text into 23 different languages and the writer tool, which offers targeted feedback at key stages in the writing process. View all the instructional supports here.
The Odysseyware Academy team of teachers, academic advisors, and support staff provide students with a circle of support to help them find success. Supports include:
- Academic Advisor to help with course selections
- Registration and enrollment support
- Student ability to ask questions/review notes from teachers using the message system and embedded help notes
- Academic hotline and virtual office hours for more extensive questions and instructional support
Leveraging a powerful web-based student information system designed to make running an online/virtual program simple, fast, and reliable, we provide:
- Control over the admission process and enrollments
- Academic information to students and guardians
- Tracking of student progress
- Real-time communication updates