Help teens navigate life's challenges
Today’s students often find it challenging to communicate their problems or handle social and emotional issues which can occur daily or even hourly.
BASE Education, a revolutionary online Social Emotional Learning (SEL) program, supports counselors and administrators in understanding their students’ challenges to determine the best way to help them. The system alerts those who can help quickly, which can be a life saver in some cases. And, through a strengths-based instructional design, students learn empowering strategies to move forward with success.
BASE Education offers multiple unique features to facilitate effective, systemic support for students, parents/guardians and educators. As an SEL program, BASE Education qualifies for multiple funding sources and is aligned with ESSA.
Why use BASE Education for your SEL Program?
- Students engage with relevant SEL curriculum that leverages a strengths-based approach to support meaningful follow-up dialog and more thoughtful, informed decision-making and behavior.
- Schools extend the reach and effectiveness of skilled staff members, while providing access to a flexible set of SEL courses that can be used in creative ways across the school.
- Parents/Guardians have access to adult companion courses helping them discover ways to understand and communicate with their students about difficult topics.
- Communities gain confidence in the safety and positive climate of schools supported by an effective, systemic SEL program.
"...the identified benefits of SEL interventions outweigh the costs by a factor of 11:1."
- The Economic Value of Social and Emotional Learning, February 2015
of students surveyed say BASE enabled them to open up about difficult issues
of teachers surveyed saw an overall improvement in academics as well as classroom behavior
of students surveyed said they told the truth using the system, even when it wasn’t easy
Courses Designed for Whole Learner Wellness
All BASE Education courses were designed by experts, and many were developed in collaboration with key SEL organizations. As part of the research-based design, all courses align with the Collaborative for Academic, Social and Emotional Learning (CASEL) competencies and best practices for SEL based on Multi-tiered System of Support (MTSS) and Positive Behavioral Interventions & Supports (PBIS). All BASE Education courses are also offered in both Spanish and English.