Sustainable Service Management for Hospitality and Tourism
This comprehensive course will cover the principles and practices of sustainable service management. The purpose of this course is to provide students with an understanding of socially, environmentally, and financially sustainable hospitality management. The course will provide a sustainable approach to service management, incorporating the role of the customer, employee, leaders, and the environment. After successful completion of this course, students will understand and be able to explain the fundamentals of sustainability in the hospitality industry.
The student will:
- articulate the importance of customer-centered service in the hospitality industry
- know how to empower employees to create sustainable service
- be able to describe leadership qualities that contribute to a sustainable service environment
- be able to identify drivers of sustainable success in service businesses
- understand how green policies and social profit benefit the planet and the bottom line
This course does not require any pre-requisites and is self-contained. It does require that the student has access to the Internet for external readings and encourages students to utilize the library as necessary, but there are no texts required.