Spanish III is a high school foreign language course that builds upon skills and concepts taught in Spanish II,emphasizing communication, cultures, connections, comparisons, and communities.
Course materials are designed to support students as they work to gain a basic proficiency in speaking, listening, reading, and writing Spanish, and in cultural competency.
Upon completion of the course, students should be able to do the following:
- Speak Spanish in everyday situations to communicate with other Spanish speakers.
- Write accurately and appropriately in Spanish to communicate with other Spanish speakers.
- Listen to and understand passages in Spanish related to various themes.
- Read and understand passages in Spanish related to various themes.
- Compare and contrast cultural aspects of Hispanic countries.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Hispanic countries and their corresponding cultures.