Nursing: Unlimited Possibilities and Unlimited Potential
This course provides students opportunities to compare and contrast the various academic and clinical training pathways to an entry-level position in nursing and to explore the growing number of opportunities for professional advancement given the proper preparation and experience.In this course, students will have several opportunities to learn about the expanding scope of professional practice for registered nurses and better understand the important changes proposed in the education and ongoing professional development of nurses.
- The Nursing Profession: Students will explore the history of nursing, types and educational requirements of different types of nurses, and ethics and professionalism in nursing.
- Primary Nursing Positions: Students will learn about the different types of primary nursing positions.
- Nursing Specialties: Students will explore specialized nursing fields such as operating room, pediatrics, psychiatric, correctional, oncology and orthopedic.
- More Nursing Specialties: Students continue their exploration of specialized nursing fields. In this unit, they explore fields such as AIDS care, cardiac rehabilitation, ambulatory nursing, infection control, occupational health, and gastroenterology/endoscopy.
- Nursing Career Alternatives: Careers as a flight nurse, forensic nurse, and travel nurse are reviewed in this unit.