Math 400 is a full-year elementary math course focusing on number skills and numerical literacy. In it, students will gain solid experience with number theory and operations, including decimals and fractions. This course also integrates geometric concepts and skills throughout the units, teaches measurement skills, and introduces students to statistical concepts.
By the end of the course, students will be expected to do the following:
- Perform all four operations on whole numbers.
- Compare and order numbers, using place value and rounding.
- Add and subtract fractions and decimals.
- Understand measurement concepts, including the metric system.
- Calculate perimeters and areas of regular plane shapes.
- Represent data on varied statistical charts.