Keyboarding and Applications
Keyboarding and Applications is a semester-long elective that teaches students keyboarding skills, technical skills, effective communication skills, and productive work habits. In this course, students will learn about proper keyboarding technique. Once students have been introduced to keyboarding skill, lessons will include daily practice of those skills. Students will gain an understanding of computer hardware, operating systems, file management, and the Internet. In addition, they will apply their keyboarding skills and create a variety of business documents, including word processing documents and electronic presentations.
- Identify various technologies, current and emerging.•Select the appropriate technology to complete a task.
- Use the computer's operating system to execute work responsibilities.•Demonstrate proper keyboarding technique.
- Improve speed and accuracy of keyboarding skills.•Create word-processing documents with columns, graphics, and bulleted lists.
- Create and deliver an effective presentation following presentation guidelines.
- Effectively navigate the Internet and search for information.
- Evaluate a Web site in terms of reliability.
- Demonstrate communication skills for obtaining and conveying information.
- Send and receive information using electronic mail, following appropriate guidelines.
Keyboarding and Applications Course Requirements
- word-processor software
- presentation softwareKeyboarding