Health Education is a health science elective course that introduces students to what good health is, why good health is important, and what students should do to achieve good health.
- Body Essentials: This unit introduces the different systems in the human body, showing how the body develops.
- Physical Health: This unit demonstrates to students how they may develop good practices as they promote proper physical health.
- Social and Mental Health: This unit teaches how to establish strong social and mental health though true health wisdom.
- Preventive Healthcare and First Aid: This unit focuses instruction on safety, emergency care, and disease prevention.
- Responsible Living: This unit discusses how students may apply the principles of good stewardship, covering topics like pollution, drugs, alcohol, and tobacco.
Grade Level: 9, 10, 11, 12
Course Length: Semester