Careers in Logistics Planning and Management Services
This course discusses careers in Logistics Planning and Management Services and provides students with the history of logistics and recent advances in the field. Logistics is a high-growth industry and is a stable career choice. There is something for every career-seeker, ability, and experience level. The objective of this course is to introduce the student to the field of logistics planning and management and to explain the career opportunities that are available in this field.
- Providing and Managing Logistics Services for the Company and the Customer: Students will learn the history of logistics and how societies and economic development depend on the ability to transport products. They will also study how logistics organizes the information, people, goods, transportation methods, and distribution channels in an integrated manner.
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management: Students will learn that logistics strives to ship goods safely through modern packaging methods, and the many ways to protect the goods while keeping the costs low. They will also explore the ways that sustainable trends in logistics are growing to provide safe packaging and handling procedures.
- Inventory and Inventory Management: Students will learn about managing inventory and the decisions made to ensure the goods and materials flow through the logistics channels and supply chain properly. They will also discover how companies build working relationships with one another, so they may work toward the common goal of maintaining profitability.
- Transportation Management: Students will gain an understanding of the modes of transportation to transport people across town or across the country, and to transport goods from one country to another, or into space. They will also learn that documentation is necessary to identify goods, enable tracking, indicate where the goods are from, and where they are being shipped.
- Logistics Safety & Opportunity: This unit explores OSHA’s role in the workplace, employees’ rights and responsibilities, in addition to employers’ rights and responsibilities. Students will also learn about themselves through the process of evaluating their abilities, aptitudes, interests, and values, and making choices for long-term career goals.