5 Challenges of 21st Century Teaching & Learning and How to Overcome Them
Educational technology enables a powerful shift in instructional pedagogy and teaching. But far too often, the focus is on the devices being used rather than the impact the technology can have on the way teachers teach and the way students learn.
Hear from Dr. Alec Couros, professor of educational technology & media at the Faculty of Education, University of Regina, share his insights on historical and current trends for the integration of technology into learning environments. This presentation includes:
- An overview of recent shifts in the media landscape and what it means for pedagogy and technology integration.
- A strong rationale as to the importance of technology integration beyond the benefits for teaching and learning (the 'why')
- A discussion of the importance of information literacy and how students can become better equipped to critically analyze and manage information.
- Practical strategies on how to assist students in developing positive digital identities and personal learning networks.
- Practical approaches to helping teachers build personal learning networks to promote the collaborative exchange of information and for improving and inspiring pedagogy.
Dr. Alec Couros
Professor of educational technology & media at the Faculty of Education, University of Regina