Breaking down walls of status quo to champion diversity and choice in urban areas
August 24, 2018 (Chandler, AZ) – Odysseyware®, a leading provider of customizable online learning software for K-12 education, is encouraging the public to send a panel of leading educators from across the country to 2019 SXSW EDU. Votes for the panel, called ‘Superpower Learners,’ can be cast through Thursday, August 30.
If the panel is selected, the speakers would discuss their experience breaking down barriers of status quo to champion diversity and choice in urban areas. Featured on the panel are skilled educators and district administrators, including:
- Dr. Adam Hartley (Moderator), Superintendent at Fenton Area Public Schools, Michigan
- Chad Chisolm, 6-12 Grade Math and Science Educator at Henry County Schools, Georgia
- Leslie Lewandowski, Director of Contract Alternatives at Minneapolis Public Schools, Minnesota
- Dr. Lupe Ferran Diaz, Executive Director of Career and Technical Education at Miami-Dade County Public Schools, Florida
“The Superpower Learners panel is comprised of leaders in education, each of whom leverages innovation in unique ways that allows students to take ownership of their learning and be invested in their future,” said Josey Borman, Senior Vice President of Product Development. “It is our hope these thought leaders will have the opportunity to share their insights with fellow educators and industry representatives at SXSW EDU.”
The panel plans to discuss how digital learning, innovative programs and engaged learning communities are expanding options and resources – time, place, accountability, and relationships – to ignite success.
Key takeaways from the panel will include:
- Identify at least four ways to channel resources creatively to support learner success
- Identify at least five opportunities created through digital learning to support student agency
- Define “superpower learner” and identify how you can champion student agency for success
To support the inclusion of the panel at SXSW EDU, the community is encouraged to vote for the panel before voting ends on August 30.
Headquartered in Chandler, Arizona, Odysseyware is a technology and learning industry leader, offering innovative, technology-enriched curriculum and instruction solutions primarily for grades 3-12. The Odysseyware personalized instructional tools provide 21st-century educational solutions across the core subjects of math, English language arts, history, geography and science along with electives, CTE, placement testing, diagnostics and professional development. To learn more, visit Odysseyware.com or call 877-795-8904.