Public Encouraged to Cast their Votes
CHANDLER, AZ. - May 14, 2018 – Eleven inspirational educators from across the country have been revealed as finalists in the first-ever Educator Impact Awards created by Odysseyware®, a leading provider of customizable online content and curriculum for K-12 education. Finalists, representing 10 states and grades 4th through 12th were selected for their use of Odysseyware programs in unique and beneficial ways to inspire students to reach their greatest potential.
Each finalist is featured on the Odysseyware website and voting is now live at https://www.odysseyware.com/ed-impact-awards. Voting ends on June 1, 2018.
“We are thrilled to see the education community rally around great teachers, who are the foundation of a high-quality education,” said Eric Dalton, Executive Vice President, Glynlyon Marketing, Odysseyware’s parent company. “The first-ever Educator Impact Awards will be a tremendous opportunity to honor these highly-skilled and passionate educators with the recognition they deserve. We encourage nominees’ colleagues, families and communities to show their support by voting for their finalists.”
- Chad Chisolm, 4th & 5th Grade Math Teacher, Smith-Barnes Elementary, Henry County School District, Stockbridge, GA 30281, Blended Learning
- Holly Griffin, Online Instructor, Lancaster High School, Lancaster City School District, Lancaster Ohio, 43130, Alternative Education
- Danielle Lattrell, Special Education Teacher, Wamogo Regional High School, CT Regional School District #6, Litchfield, CT 06759, Competency Learning
- Sandra Ledbetter, 6th grade teacher, Henderson Middle School, Little Rock School District, AR 72205, Blended Learning
- Rhonda Naylor, Social Studies Teacher, STARS Accelerated High School, Granbury ISD, Granbury, TX 76048, Alternative Education
- Earl “Frank” Post, Drop out Prevention Teacher, School District of Manatee County, East Bradenton, FL 34203, Blended Learning
- Phyllis “Phyl” Runzel, Care & Treatment Teacher/Special Ed, Staples Motley High School, Staples Motley School District, Staples MN, 56479, Alternative Education
- Amy Turgeon, Virtual Learning Coordinator, Sanford High School, Sanford School District, Sanford, ME 04073, Alternative Education
- Erica Valladares, Independent Study Teacher, Independent Study Program, Torrance Unified School District, Torrance CA 90501, Alternative Education
- Janice Wagner, Credit Recovery/ASD Math, Carlos E. Haile Middle School, School District of Manatee County, Bradenton, FL 34212, Blended Learning
- Linda Williams, Business Education Instructor, Cordova High, Shelby County Schools, Cordova, TN 38016, Career Technical Education
One winner in each category will receive: a mobile charging cart from Spectrum Industries, Inc.; a $500 stipend toward ISTE conference travel or attendance; and a Chromebook; as well as their choice of an Odysseyware Online Professional Development AODT site license and two webinar hours; or an Odysseyware ClassPace Blended Learning solution school license and a one-day Face-to-Face Professional Development. Each category’s runners-up will be recognized on the Odysseyware website and receive a gift of appreciation for their commitment to the children they serve.
Winners will be notified in writing on June 4, 2018, and recognized at the Odysseyware Educator Impact Awards reception. The reception will take place the week of the ISTE Conference at Untitled Supper Club in Chicago on June 26. ISTE attendance is not required for the award to be received. Additional information about Odysseyware’s Educator Impact Awards can be found at https://www.odysseyware.com/ed-impact-awards. Join the conversation on social media at #EdImpactAwards.
Headquartered in Chandler, Arizona, Odysseyware is a technology and learning industry leader, offering innovative, technology-enriched curriculum and instruction solutions primarily for grades 3-12. The Odysseyware personalized instructional tools provide 21st-century educational solutions across the core subjects of math, English language arts, history, geography and science along with electives, CTE, placement testing, diagnostics and professional development. To learn more, visit Odysseyware.com or call 877-795-8904.