Science Grade 7 (2653) CA
Science Grade 7 is an intermediate course intended to introduce students to several different sectors of science. Some of the areas covered in Science Grade 7 include the scientific method, cells, biology of organisms, ecology and the environment, evolution and adaptation, genetics and technology and organism interactions.
The curriculum seeks to develop the students' ability to be aware of and participate in scientific inquiry. The units containexperiments and projects to capitalize on the students’ natural curiosity. The students will explore, observe and manipulate everyday objects and materials in their environment. Students at this level should show understanding of interrelationships between organisms, recognize patterns in systems, and expand their knowledge of cellular dimensions of living systems. Collectively, this should help students develop and build on their subject-matter knowledge base.
Upon completion of the course, students should be able to do the following:
- Understand and apply scientific inquiry
- Design and carry out investigations
- Understand that all living things are made of cells
- Define cells and demonstrate their functions
- Understand and demonstrate organism organization
- Identify the necessary components of living organisms.
- Understand and demonstrate how organisms interact with one another
- Model the flow of matter and energy through an ecosystem
- Understand that cells are in all living organisms
- Describe the organization of living organisms
- Understand the mechanisms of evolution and genetics