Psychology is an introductory elective course for high school students. Throughout the course students will examine influences on human actions and beliefs, factors influencing behavior and perception, and basic psychological theories. Students will develop and apply their understanding of psychology through lessons and projects that require interaction and observation of others.
- Unit 1: Students will be introduced to the beginnings of psychology, research methods, and ethics of the profession.
- Unit 2: Students will examine the biology of behavior, sensory processes, motivation, and stress.
- Unit 3: Students will learn about the stages of human development and personality.
- Unit 4: Students will discover the different methods of learning, aspects of memory, language, and levels of consciousness.
- Unit 5: Students will explore mental disorders and abnormal behaviors and how to treat them. They will also why people obey and influence other’s behavior.