Personal and Family Living
This semester-long high school elective takes students on an interactive exploration of the challenges they may face as they transition into adulthood, including constructive conflict resolution, nutrition and health, building healthy families, financial responsibility, and long-term employment.
Through this course, students will:
- Examine specific principles that will help develop their personal lives.
- Learn about proper nutrition, and demonstrate skill in preparing various food items.
- Prepare weekly and monthly budgets.
- Develop strategies for an employment search.
- Explore work and careers and how different interests, abilities and personalities influence employment decisions.
- Develop an understanding of relational dynamics with family members, friends, classmates, co-workers, and those encountered in the marketplace.