Office 2013 Applications I
Office 2013 Applications I is a semester‐length, high school elective that explores the use of application skills in Microsoft® Word®, Publisher®, and PowerPoint® 2013. Students will use these applications to design, develop, create, edit, and share business documents, publications, and presentations. This course provides key knowledge and skills in the following Microsoft Office® applications:
1. Microsoft Word: Students are provided with an introduction to advanced skills in Microsoft Word that range from simply developing an understanding of the various uses of Word to more complex explorations of mail merge, tab stops, reference resources, and additional features available in backstage view.
2. Microsoft Publisher: Students learn to create publications, insert and edit publication items, and view, review, and share those publications.
3. Microsoft PowerPoint: Students will learn how to create presentations, enter and modify content, modify and deliver presentations, and collaborate and share PowerPoint presentations.
- Create, modify, save, and format styles, text, font, pages, and folders in Microsoft Word.
- Demonstrate use of the Cut, Copy, and Paste commands and the Show/Hide button while editing documents.
- Show how to use Spell Check, Find and Replace, and AutoCorrect in the Word application.
- Know how to track changes and add comments in a document.
- Demonstrate how to insert, format, modify, and edit elements of a Word document.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Microsoft Word advanced skills.
- Understand the basics of references in Word.
- Modify document properties including templates.
- Recognize how to navigate, modify, edit, and review elements of the Microsoft Publisher application.
- Recall how to print and share a publication electronically.
- Demonstrate knowledge of how to open, modify, insert, create, present, and save elements of a PowerPoint presentation.
MICROSOFT, MICROSOFT WORD, MICROSOFT POWERPOINT, MICROSOFT EXCEL, MICROSOFT ACCESS, AND MICROSOFT PUBLISHER ARE EITHER REGISTERED TRADEMARKS OR TRADEMARKS OF MICROSOFT CORPORATION IN THE UNITED STATES AND/OR OTHER COUNTRIES.