M/J Intensive Mathematics
Intensive Mathematics is a pre-algebra course designed to prepare junior-high school students in Florida for Algebra I. The course focuses on finding any gaps the student may have, and strengthening needed skills in decimals, fractions, integers, equations, ratios as well as data analysis and geometry.
By the end of the course, students will be expected to do the following:
- Fluently add, subtract, multiply and divide rational numbers.
- Use rates, ratios and proportions to solve real world problems.
- Introduce variable expressions and equations (single and multiple variable).
- Introduce linear functions, relationship between dependent and independent variables and coordinate graphing.
- Review skills and concepts that will help them in future math courses.
- Practice algebraic thinking in order to model and solve real world problems.