Math 300 is a full-year elementary math course focusing on number skills and numerical literacy. In it, students will gain solid experience with number theory and operations, learning how to apply these in measurement situations. This course also integrates geometric concepts and skills throughout the units, as well as introducing students to statistical concepts.
By the end of the course, students will be expected to do the following:
- Understand place value and know how to compare and order numbers.
- Perform addition and subtraction, carrying and borrowing on whole numbers.
- Know basic multiplication facts.
- Understand representations in fraction and mixed number forms.
- Understand concepts of likelihood and basic probability.
- Understand concepts of shape, symmetry, and perimeter.
- Understand measurement concepts, including time and temperature.
- Understand representations using decimals and money.