Introduction to Healthcare Services
This course is an overview of health careers and overriding principles central to all health professions. Units include:
- science and technology in human health
- anatomy, physiology, and disease development
- privacy, ethics, and safety in health care
- communication and teamwork in the health care environment
- health careers; creating a diverse workforce of lifelong learners
The course provides a foundation for further study in the field of health science. When students complete the course, they will be able to discuss the potential career choices and have an understanding of basic concepts that apply to many different career choices.