Introduction to Careers in Marketing
After completing this course, students will have a fundamental understanding of the principles of marketing. They will be able to explain the marketing process, marketing strategic planning, the marketing environment, and the trends, opportunities, andchallenges in the marketing world today.
- Overview of Marketing: Students will explore the role of marketing in an organization and evaluate the ways in which marketing creates value for a product or service. They will be able to evaluate how marketers understand and segment their markets, identify the steps of the marketing research process, and describe various data collection techniques
- Marketing Strategic Planning: This unit focuses on the importance of strategic planning and the five steps of the strategic planning process.
- The Marketing Environment and Consumer Behavior: This unit focuses on the marketing microenvironment and macroenvironment, as well as why consumers behave the way they do.
- The Marketing Mix: This unit focuses on the Four P’s of the marketing mix: product, price, place, and promotion.
- Marketing Today: This unit focuses on how technology has impacted every area of marketing, and the world of global marketing.