GSE Advanced Algebra 27.09730 GA
Advanced Algebra is a full-year, high school math course intended for the student who has successfully completed the prerequisite course Coordinate Algebra. This course focuses on algebraic techniques and methods in order to develop student understanding of quadratics, polynomials, rational functions, radical functions, exponential functions, and logarithms. Students will also be introduced to the sum of finite geometric series and piecewise functions. The course closes with the final unit discussing data and probability distributions.
- Understand set notation and the structure of mathematical systems.
- Calculate and perform operations with real and imaginary numbers.
- Know how to use functional notation and operations on functions.
- Simplify and solve algebraic fractions.
- Perform operations on polynomials, including factoring, long division, and synthetic division.
- Solve algebraic word problems involving mixtures, money, integers, and work.
- Evaluate and solve radical expressions and equations.
- Solve systems of equations with graphing, substitution, and matrices.
- Graph and solve quadratic equations, including conic sections.
- Graph and solve exponential and logarithmic equations
- Calculate permutations, combinations, and complex probabilities.
- Interpret sample surveys, normal distributions and observational studies.