French II is a high school foreign language course that builds on and reviews skills and concepts taught in French I through further exposure to communication, cultures, connections, comparisons, and communities.
Course materials are designed to support students as they work to gain a basic proficiency in speaking, listening, reading, writing, and cultural competency.
Upon completion of the course, students should be able to do the following:
- Use basic French in everyday situations in oral and written communication.
- Use French vocabulary at the level appropriate to living in francophone countries.
- Demonstrate knowledge of France and other francophone countries.
- Listen to and understand passages in French related to various themes.
- Read and understand passages in French related to presented themes.
- Compare and contrast cultural aspects of francophone countries and the United States.
This course gives students practice using the mechanics of the French language, acquaints them with the cultural differences of francophone countries, and helps them gain a keen awareness of their own culture.