Civics is the study of the rights and duties of citizenship. This course will provide the learner with an understanding of how the American government was derived from ancient civilizations. The student will understand the Constitution, American politics, voting and the economy.
Upon completion of the course, students will:
- Understand the six principles of geography.
- Understand the rights and responsibilities of citizens.
- Understand the foundations of the American government (the Articles of Confederation and the Constitution).
- Understand the roles of the three branches of government.
- Understand the political views of various political parties in the United States.
- Understand the American voting process.
- Understand the role of state and local government.
- Understand a citizen's civic responsibility.
- Understand the American economic system.