Careers in Marketing Research
Marketing research is the foundation of all marketing activities because it provides the data needed to make key strategic decisions about products, promotions, pricing, and other key organizational decisions. This course will provide information about the process of investigation and problem analysis by using research to produce key marketing statistics that are communicated to management and used throughout the organization. This course concludes with the execution, interpretation, and presentation of marketing research.
- Plan, organize, and manage day‐to‐day marketing research activities.
- Design and conduct research activities to facilitate marketing business decisions.
- Use information systems and tools to make marketing research decisions.
- Describe the impact of economics, economics systems and entrepreneurship on marketing.
- Implement marketing research to obtain and evaluate information for the creation of a marketing plan.
- Plan, monitor, manage, and maintain the use of financial resources for marketing activities.
- Plan, monitor, and manage the day‐to‐day activities required for continued marketing business operations.
- Describe career opportunities and the means to achieve those opportunities in each of the Marketing Career Pathways.
- Select, monitor, and manage sales and distribution channels.
- Determine and adjust prices to maximize return while maintaining customer perception of value.
- Obtain, develop, maintain, and improve a product or service mix in response to market opportunities.
- Communicate information about products, services, images, and/or ideas to achieve a desired outcome.
- Use marketing strategies and processes to determine and meet client needs and wants.