Career Explorations III
The Career Explorations III course is designed to give seventh- and eighth-grade students an opportunity to explore various CTE subjects. Specifically, students will be able to learn about careers involving human-related services.
Each unit introduces one particular field and explains its past, present, and future. The goal is to whet students' appetites for these careers. Students can then explore that career in more detail as a high school student.
- Understand the components of establishing a business.
- Describe the value of manufacturing to and its impact on American society and economy.
- Describe the nature and scope of the Transportation, Distribution, and Logistics Career Cluster and the role of transportation, distribution, and logistics in society and the economy.
- Identify skills, abilities, and talents needed for careers in Architecture and Construction and analyze how these relate to interest profiles.
- Understand what marketing is and its role both within the company and society.
Career Explorations III: Course Requirements
- Access to the Internet to view various course-related Web sites and conduct research.
- Access to Microsoft® PowerPoint® or a similar program.
- Ability to conduct personal interviews for some projects.