Career Explorations II
The Career Explorations II course is designed to give seventh- and eighth-grade students an opportunity to explore various CTE subjects. Specifically, students will be able to learn about careers involving various technical fields from computers to agriculture.
Each unit introduces one particular field and explains its past, present, and future. The goal is to whet students' appetites for these careers. Students can then explore that career in more detail as a high school student.
- Identify the basic components of a computer system and its use within a networking/communications environment.
- Discuss the history, development, and use of the Internet and mobile computing technology in business and society.
- Explore systems design and implementation.
- State the purpose of a computer network, and explain the role of network hardware in achieving that purpose.
- Identify the advancement of agriculture to the present day.
- Explain sustainable agriculture and its impact on society..
- Understand the STEM field along with the concepts, theories, practical applications, and STEM careers.