Career Explorations I
The Career Explorations I course is designed to give seventh- and eighth-grade students an opportunity to explore various CTE subjects. Specifically, students will be able to learn about careers involving human-related services.
Each unit introduces one particular field and explains its past, present, and future. The goal is to whet students' appetites for these careers. Students can then explore that career in more detail as a high school student.
- Examine work, lifestyle, and a career.
- Evaluate the history of health care and the impact of science and technology has had on it.
- Explain why travel and tourism is important to our economy.
- Understand how geographic principles relate to traveler decisions.
- Explain the history the human services and how it functions in society.
- Analyze careers in the consumer services industry.