Business Computer Information Systems
BUSINESS COMPUTER INFORMATION SYSTEMS is a high school elective that explores the use of technology applications in both business and personal situations. The course provides key knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- communication skills
- business technology
- word processing applications
- spreadsheet applications
- database applications
- telecommunications technology
- desktop publishing technology
- presentation technology
- computer networks
- computer operating systems
The course is intended to help students arrive at the following understandings:
- Effective communications skills and productive work habits can increase employees’ success.
- Technology solutions can help employees be more productive and effective.
Keyboarding is a stated prerequisite for this course. While there are some keyboarding reviews in the course, there is no keyboarding instruction.