Banking Services Careers
The exchange of money in the United States is generally managed with the services of banks and other financial institutions, whose reputations depend greatly on customer satisfaction and trust. Many of the products we use on a daily basis, like checking and savings accounts, debit cards, credit cards, and loans, are the backbone of the banking industry. This course will provide an overview of how the banking system works, what the Federal Reserve is, and the technical and social skills needed to work in banking and related services. Students will explore career paths and the required training or higher education necessary, and will gain an understanding of the basic functions of customer transactions (i.e., setting up an account, processing a loan, or establishing a business), cash drawer activity, check collection processes, and other customer service–related transactions. This course will also discuss how technology has changed banking in the 21st century. The banking industry is responsible for many of the products that we use on a daily basis, from checking and savings accounts to debit cards, credit cards, and loans.
This course will focus on the specific skills related to banking and related services. In addition, you will explore career paths and the required training or higher education preparation necessary to obtain a career in banking and related services. Also, you will gain an understanding of the basic functions of customer transactions, cash drawer activity, check collection processes, and other customer service–related transactions. This course will also discuss how technology has changed the banking and related services industry. Finally, this course will provide an overview of the technical and people skills necessary to aid consumers with setting up an account, processing a loan, or establishing a business.Objectives
- Examine laws and regulations to manage business operations and transactions in the banking services industry.
- Identify positive, ongoing relationships with banking customers.
- Analyze the use of financial resources to enhance banking performance.
- Demonstrate the use of banking technology and equipment.
- Plan the day‐to‐day activities within a banking organization to ensure secure operations.
- Evaluate career‐planning concepts, tools, and strategies to explore, obtain, and/or develop a career in banking services.
- Label client needs and wants and compose a response through planned, personalized communication to guide purchase decisions and enhance future business opportunities in banking services.